Thursday, September 30, 2010

A brief trend update: Embellished heels

I still have a couple of entries to post from our trip overseas but I thought I might interrupt to give you a quick trend update.

One of the more interesting trends we are going to see for A/W 2011 is the embellished heel. By that I mean the heel of the shoes being embellished rather than the entire heel - the trend is well represented in many European and US A/W collections.

Some of my favourites include:

These lovelies from Louis Vuitton. Called the Beauty and with gorgeous sparkly Swarovski crystal encrusted heels, they are a snip at $1950... Available in store only in black, bordeaux and grey.


Or if they are our of your price range, how about these beauties? From Reiss in the UK, the Thea feature heel court are a far more reasonable 169 pounds.
Other options include the following:


Christian Louboutin Rolandzip suede platform 120s from Net-a-Porter (426 pounds)

Christian Louboutin Dorepi 100 leopard print pumps from Net-a-Porter (481 pounds)
Brian Atwood Harrison chain leather pumps from Net-a-Porter (613 pounds). In fact, many Brian Atwood shoes have embellished heels this season!

Fashionista's Corso Como evening shoe from Kurt Geiger (290 pounds)

So whatever you have your eye on footwear wise, make sure it has a kick-ass heel!

Kitty

5 comments:

Kayla said...

In my dream world all my shoes are Brian Atwood's. I crave them. Maybe even more than Christian Louboutins.... and that's just scandalous.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Not Quite Nigella said...

OMG they are DIVINE! I love the Louboutins and the Atwoods. *sigh* The Geigers are gorgeous from the back but the overall shape isn't quite my style.

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

I love the Atwoods too - there are so many beautiful shoes out at the moment... What a pity I am trying to be good.

Sydney Shop Girl said...

A great shoe feature, Miss Kitty!

I have the Dorepis. They are coming with me to Melbourne... tomorrow!

I'm just a bit excited about the trip. It's only one night away but gee I need a break.

Have a great long weekend!

SSG xxx

Blighty said...

Yum Yum Yum. Like the ones with the zip up the back best. And the leopards. love the Loboutin red soles!