Saturday, November 6, 2010

Country Road... Take me home...

I've been using the same mug since my 21st birthday. That's a lot of years. It's a great mug - it's weighty, seemingly chip resistant and it holds the right amount of tea. It is, in fact, a Country Road Mug of old.

Fast forward, well, a decade and a bit and I really think I need to replace it. It's in perfect condition and I won't be throwing it out, but sometimes you need a breath of fresh air. So it was no surprise that I looked at Country Road for it's replacement. And that's where I found it.

I had a little bit of trouble deciding which colour and pattern to get from the vast array in store, but given my love for all things pale green, I decided on this one:

The Bistro Ribbon Mug in green ($7.95). And of course I bought the matching bowl ($7.95)! I love all things matching!

I trialled it yesterday morning and it's an absolute winner. Perfect size, weight and the handle is in a really comfortable spot to nestle your tea in your little mittens. The bowl is perfect for cereal or a good serve of porridge - as the bears would say: not too big, not too small, but just right! We liked them so much that we went back and bought a set today in red, blue and yellow to add to the collection.

Whilst the lovely sales assistant was wrapping them up for me, I had a mosey around the rest of the homewares section. There is some seriously good stuff in store at the moment - great vases, serving dishes, photo frames, cushions... So many perfect Christmas gifts! I basically had to be dragged out before I spent far too much...

But I think I'll be back. And soon!

Kitty

3 comments:

Not Quite Nigella said...

The weight and size is very important as is how well things match! Nice score!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, the green is perfect for summer.

Lizeylou said...

I saw these and love them too ... And I agree, everything has to match!