Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not on the High Street

Has anyone else discovered this fantabulous website? Full of amazing things that are a bit quirky and fun, it's like the UK Etsy but not quite as "handmade" or crafty. It's the place where you can find all those charming, unique and carefully-made things that you sometimes stumble across in cool markets, fairs and tucked-away boutiques. A place that was quick and easy to get to, where shopping was simple and fun, and where you can always find inspirational, unique and wonderful things.

Every single item is designed, made or selected by a UK based independent small business, whose passion for quality, innovation and style shine through in every little detail of their products. Its the perfect place to find that special gift or present for hard to please friend or loved one.

I have been bookmarking a lot of different things for Georgie's first Christmas (she's getting a lot of presents apparently). Among my favourites are the following:


Plum Pudding Onesie from LittleChook. Already in the shopping cart - Kaching!! She will be wearing this on Christmas morning I think...


Keep Calm onesie from Jack Spratt Baby. So cute!! Will get this a little bigger for next winter I think.

Hand knitted rabbit from ChunkiChilli. I love knitted toys for babies - they are so beautiful. This seller makes monkeys, elephants, bunnies, pigs... And a fab range of hand puppets too! So many beautiful, slightly quirky options!

I could spend hours on this site - really! It's wonderful and I anticipate many of the gifts given by moi this Christmas will be purchased here.

Kitty

7 comments:

The Mummy said...

Oooh! That Keep Calm and Give Me a Cuddle would be perfect in a toddler-sized t-shirt. As a mother of a very full-on toddler, I could do with that reminder. My current mantra is, "it's just stuff", as she pulls apart the house, determinedly and cheerfully.

I'm going to go have a look. Great find, thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the site rec - a quick look and I've already found a prezzie for my very difficult to buy for Dad! Yippee!

Love the pudding onesie by the way. Please post pics of Baby G on Xmas Day wearing it - I will melt into a puddle from the cuteness.

TheStylishShoeGirl said...

That plum pudding outfit is SO CUTE!!!!!!!

Faux Fuchsia said...

OMG the pudding outfit and the TOYS! How's your divine girl?? x

Anonymous said...

I love this site too. The pudding outfit is adorabbbbleee!

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

Thanks everyone - I am spending HOURS on the site. The shipping is a little prohibitive (read OUTRAGEOUS) but for the odd item it's great.

FF - my little girl is INSANELY beautiful. She's just learned to smile and is working it. Seriously. We are working on the routines at the moment as she likes being awake at night which doesn't work for me really so we are trying to get her to stay up more during the day. Loving being a Mama though - it's wonderful!

Kitty xx

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

I just discovered Not The High Street last month and love it! Another good one is John Lewis - similar sorts of gifts and things.