Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Miss Kitty Shops: Luxe vs Less

It's no secret I am a fan of Alexander McQueen. Huge. I find the pieces classic, yet edgy and cool.  Well, cool for me. But they are unfortunately completely out of my price range at the moment. I have been lusting after a particular dress for a couple of months - it's a beautiful black and white jacquard print knit dress. Classic, yet edgy and cool. It's also frightfully expensive.

While I was out shopping this afternoon, I noticed David Lawrence have launched a new collection called DL Atellier - designer dresses, coats and pieces at a lower price than true designer wear. The quality looks great and the pieces are lovely. There is one dress I was sorely tempted by.

Now, it's not an exact replica, but it is what I would call "inspired by". The fact it has sleeves is the most obvious difference, but the subtle lace inspired pattern is a reasonable facsimile.The fit is nice and it looks lovely. I was sorely tempted. And for $299 it's about a quarter of the cost of the Alexander McQueen original. So if you are after the look without the price tag, this dress might just be for you.

Unfortunately it wasn't for me. The sleeves were just not quite right on me and if I am going to own a dress like this, it's going to have to be perfect or it's not worth it.

Close but not quite this time.

Kitty

1 comment:

Jeane M. said...

"If I am going to own a dress like this, it's going to have to be perfect or it's not worth it". Definitely my dress buying mantra. :D Got my eye on your next posts.